What you need to know

Exercise your right to compensation

Does your rental property suffer from damp, mould or leaks? If you’ve reported the issue and the Council or Housing Association failed to resolve the problem, you may have the right to claim compensation under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985.

Is the damage in your home starting to affect your health and wellbeing? Here’s what you need to know before you make a claim for disrepair.

Take action and Call    0 7866 303 303  today for a FREE consultation!

Can I claim housing disrepair compensation?

Poor living conditions can cause unnecessary stress, insecurity, and even shame. They could also be responsible for long-term health problems – but this shouldn’t be the case. You should feel comfortable in your home, and not have to deal with damp, mould or leaks on your own. That’s why we’re here to help you get the compensation you deserve.

As a tenant, you can claim compensation if:

  • The property is owned by the Council or Housing Association
  • The property is situated in England or Wales
  • You have proof (photo evidence) of the defects
  • No other solicitor has dealt with the case before

Want to learn more about housing disrepair claims? Head to our FAQs page for details.

What can I claim compensation for?

If you live in a rental property, you can claim housing disrepair compensation to fund repairs for various physical damages in your home, including damp, mould, and leaks. You can also claim 10% to 50% of your annual rent and compensation for personal losses. Take a look at the list below to see what you could claim for.

Odszkodowanie za dziurawy dach

Compensation For A Leaky Roof

Do you rent a property with roof problems? If you reported the issue and it wasn’t resolved, you can claim compensation for a leaky roof.

A safe home is a happy home

In the UK, the Housing Association and the Council have a legal obligation to keep your home safe and in repair. Unfortunately, many take too long to fix the damages or don’t fulfil their basic obligations outlined in your tenancy agreement. This is where we come in.

How we can help

At ClaimSpot, we can help you:

Get damage compensation

We’ve won more than 95% of all compensation cases.

Repair the damage

We ensure that all damages are repaired in a timely manner.

Improve your living conditions

We’ve helped clients improve the state of their property.

We don’t just assist with housing disrepair claims, either. We cover personal injury claims too.

No win, no fee housing solicitors

Our team are no win, no fee housing solicitors. That means when you make a claim, there are no upfront fees and no hidden charges. You’ll only pay out of the compensation you’re awarded if your case is successful.

Want to know how much you could claim?